Author Topic: greetings  (Read 4341 times)

Offline lymbic

greetings
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:30:23 am »
I'm based in the UK. I am rather concerned by the rampant New Age nonsense local to me, and for one friend in particular, whom, over 25 years has been sucked and suckered in by TM, FWOB, Leo Rutherford, the Deer Tribe and a Kahuna in Hawaaii. I'm trying to make sense of it all but not having much luck. Will I ever?  The latest 'guru' my friend has  is a local, woolly brained moneygrubber and manipulator and ex FWOB member who set herself up as a Life Coach (unafilliated) and so is answerable only to God. I believe she is  exploiting my friends anxieties and poor mental state. I'm powerless but hoping for support and maybe info I can gently feed in. I'm also looking for pointers and background on Swifty, and Bertie from the Deer Tribe if anyone can help. Also, anyone have any knowledge about the likely harm or alternatively good side to Huna training?

Thanks.

Offline wolfhawaii

Re: greetings
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:34:37 pm »
Also, anyone have any knowledge about the likely harm or alternatively good side to Huna training?

Most of the info i have run across in 17 years of living in Hawaii suggests that so called Huna goes back to a system created by white people and does not derive from indigenous people. The few native healers I know or have heard of take care of the local community and do not travel internationally to teach/heal and do not charge fees.. Who was your friend dealing with in Hawaii?